Thursday, June 2, 2016

IVF 1 - Day 25 Sharing

I've started to pass this blog address off to a few people I know.  I'd already shared it with one or two, but now maybe it's five or six.  It's a useful way for me to keep people updated without them having to ask how everything is going, and for me to provide more detail then I may do in a conversation.

Of course there are people I don't want to pass it off to at the moment- mainly my mother and the boyfriend.  Because these are both things I may occasionally want to talk about, which would then make this a restrictive space.

So it's a fine line- who to share with and who not to share with.  Overall I'm a pretty open person, and there's very little in here I wouldn't share with anyone else.

It's interesting because becoming a single mother is by definition a solo process.  But none of us live in isolation.  And realistically, it is those same single mothers who also by definition come to depend on their network or village for support- emotional particularly, but other kinds as well, that they will need.

I know that if I am successful I will need my village.  So why not start now?

In other news there is no news.  Today is technically day 8 past ovulation, so around the earliest I could pee on a stick and maybe start to see anything at all (although still very unlikely even if I'm lucky enough to be pregnant).  But it's incredibly early, and I don't know how that works with a day 6 transfer so I didn't.  Tomorrow though, I might.

No comments:

Post a Comment