Tuesday, June 28, 2016

34dpo 7w2d - Scan tomorrow

I'm away at an event and so have been able to not focus too much on pregnancy things.  Tomorrow is my first scan though, and I'm a bit nervous.  I still am having no real pregnancy symptoms.  My boobs are definitely a bit fuller and heavier, and I get an occasional twinge of nausea, but that's pretty much it.  I also have occasional twinges in the lower gut/uterus region but I could also be overly sensitive to any such twinges.

I read in one of the baby apps I'm following that my uterus has doubled in size now.  I thought that was interesting.  It also occurred to me that I don't have a good idea of how big a uterus is usually.  I know how big an ovary is usually (about the size of a walnut) but uterus, no.   I also read another thing that said that women with stronger first trimester symptoms have a lower rate of miscarriage. While that may be true, I thought that was a shitty thing to read.  I've seen plenty of women say that they haven't had many symptoms and be fine and vice versa.  So probably not the most useful tip I've seen come by on a pregnancy app.

I was going to work from home tomorrow, go to my scan, and then come in to work but work is so stressful right now that I think instead I'm going to go to work and get a taxi to and from my scan.  It would be more efficient and I have too much to do.

My dad is going to see my uncles and associated family this week and asked what he could or should tell them.  I told him that if the scan tomorrow was okay, that he could tell that but that I'd prefer to wait and see how it goes.  Like I said, I'm a bit nervous that the news will not be good.  Of course I hope that it's all fine.  I'll find out tomorrow, in about 24 hours.  So that's not so hard to wait for.

And of course whatever happens will happen.  If it's all good, I am still going to worry that could change, and worry about chromosomal abnormalities until I can get a NIPT done.  If it's not good, well, it's not good and I'll have to deal with that and plan for the next stages of trying all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment