Monday, April 11, 2016

Planning for IVF

Just a quick note to say that I've scheduled my consultation appointment for next week to sign all the paperwork I need to do to have an IVF cycle.  I'll then need to order drugs in time to start with my next period which should be early May.  They said they don't do a birth control start as they have found that slightly diminishes success rates.  So that's fine by me!

I realize through this process that I'm actually very open with people about what I'm going through.  This means that I have people asking me about how things are going or have gone.  I don't really find this upsetting though.  Part of me thinks I should.  But I guess it helps me see my support network.  And no one is offensive about it.  Part of me feels like it's better to have that support that keep it all to myself.  Although funny enough when my mother gets in touch to ask me about it, that annoys me.  Ha!  Mothers and daughters.

I'm sort of looking forward to an IVF cycle.  While I'm disappointed the IUIs didn't work, with an IVF cycle I feel I'll have much more information on my current fertility chances and better knowledge of exactly what's going on.  I obviously hope it's successful, but if not, then it may be time to use those frozen eggs.  But that's still one IVF cycle away at least.  So hold that thought.

This month I'm enjoying a bit of freedom and the free dinners I have this week which include free wine.  Not overkill mind you.  But then I've never been a huge drinker.  Anyway, more from me next week after this consultation unless something else of interest occurs to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment