Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Hard Choice - 1 Month Delay

Yesterday I found myself increasingly stressing over the variables up in the air regarding this next IVF cycle.  I've yet to pay the courier.  The drug company hasn't called to arrange delivery.  I don't know when my period is going to actually arrive.  I have a 3-day residential workshop towards the end of May that would be difficult to be having treatment during.

All of this points to the decision I've made to delay another month.  This decision comes with its own variety of stress.  However, I think that on balance, I will be much happier knowing that my frozen eggs are already at the Cambridge clinic, that the drugs to start the cycle are already in my fridge and waiting for me, and of course that I have no conflicts in timing in June.  Stress is obviously a factor in trying to get pregnant and it is better to eliminate it as much as feasible.  I know in the grand scheme of things, this one month really doesn't matter.  However, at this stage in the game, every single time something happens it feels like a major setback.

But it isn't.  It's okay.  And I will have a much smoother cycle because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment