Thursday, March 31, 2016

TWW 2 - Day 8 testing testing

Took my first pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.  However, this means pretty much close to nothing.  I'm glad I can start testing, but the likelihood of a useful result is minuscule.  I also went to my GP for my progesterone blood test.  Like last time, it seems my clinic neglected to request the test, so the GP had no record of it.  Luckily I knew what I was there for, and they were happy to do it.  I also asked if there had been anything from the results of the first post IUI progesterone test, and the nurse saw the note in my file that said it was all normal, no further action.  I sort of assume this will be the same.  None of the tests I've been having have flagged up any worrying numbers on anything.  I seem to be healthy and in normal ranges for my age, etc.

Still feeling a bit melancholy about this whole trying business.  It's probably a good thing to get a short break between this cycle and starting IVF (if that is indeed the case).  One month where I don't have to think about it too much.  And where I could have a cheeky drink!

It would be so amazing/exciting/thrilling/terrifying/fantastic/unbelievable if I was pregnant.  I'm just finding that I'm convincing myself that this isn't possible.  I know it's totally possible.  I am not so old.  My numbers are not so bad.  Lots of people just get pregnant naturally and here I am having medical help!  This is completely doable and in that sense, the odds are in my favor.

But it's a crummy process that really just takes a lot out of you.  Worse I think if you are doing it all on your own.  I do have friends I can talk to, but I don't talk to them all the time, and it's not what I want to be talking to them about all the time either.  This is pretty much a solo effort and so it also falls to me to do most of the damage control.

I'll be glad when I know about this cycle for certain.

No comments:

Post a Comment