Wednesday, March 30, 2016

TWW 2 - Day 7 mulling

Tomorrow morning I can take my first pregnancy test (day 8).  I have no physical indications that I am or may be pregnant.  I know that it's early and many or even most women don't.  I think I am feeling that this cycle can't possibly have worked.  Reading around online, considering my age, I wonder if I've just left it all too late.  Not in the sense that I could have really done anything differently.  I'm just discouraged by the statistics of a woman my age getting pregnant, and carrying to term.  It is also not helpful, as I think I've mentioned before that I'm on an online forum of those trying to conceive to become single mothers.  I see these women posting on their 8th IUI or 4th IVF.  I mean, on the other hand, there are women reporting pregnancies after their first or second IUI or their first IVF.  But then they move on to one of the other boards (about pregnancy for example) leaving the bulk of the commentators women who have so far been unsuccessful. The thing is, on that particular forum, the majority are trying and statistically that means most are not getting pregnant.  So while  it's helpful to have camaraderie, it can also be discouraging.  And of course as discussed in the previous post, even though I can take a pregnancy test tomorrow, it's really very early and not a good indicator.  I'm so close to knowing.... I'm only just speculating.  I don't know why the final bit of waiting this time seems to be the hardest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment