Wednesday, March 16, 2016

IUI 2 - Day 6 Budget update

Just a quick one to update the budget since I've paid for this IUI cycle.  Apparently my clinic says the price is the same if you get one Pregnyl or two which made no sense to me.  But, whatever.  I guess I should have asked for 2 then since I paid the same!  But never mind.  Last night I was out to a concert so I had to do my injection in the restaurant toilet.  Good thing my clinic gave me a handy little carry bag with a sharps-tube for used needles to later dispose in the correct bin.  It came in handy!

Previous total £5472
IUI Inclusive Fee£638
900 Gonal-F + 1 Pregnyl £380
New total £6490

2 comments:

  1. Hello, good luck to you. You will be a mom. I read your egg freezing blog and I am very thankful for your input/information and for your very entertaining writing. Why dont you use your frozen eggs? IUI success rates are REALLY low. Is just my opinion, but maybe IVF is a better investment? Good luck again, and thank you for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and for your positive support! :)

      The decision to start with fresh eggs was made with my current clinic. Because my current fertility is okay, we decided to try with what I have now and save the frozen eggs for the 'last resort'. Because IUI is so much less expensive than IVF, the doctor recommended 2 cycles just to see. If this cycle doesn't work, the next will be fresh IVF. Depending on how that goes if unsuccessful, I will continue with fresh IVF or move on to the frozen eggs.

      It's not easy to know what's best to do and definitely something I oscillate about. I'm comfortable with the plan at the moment and hope that one way or another, I get to the goal!!

      Delete